TCA CROSS for Acne Scars
TCA CROSS is a specialized process designed for the treatment of “ice pick” acne scars. Unlike a TCA peel, which is applied to the entire face and typically contains between 10-20% trichloroacetic acid, the TCA CROSS method entails applying 100% concentration TCA to the deepest scars. MedBeautyLA currently offers TCA CROSS, as well as the option of an Extended Acne Treatment Program which includes several other treatments.
What to Expect During and After Your Treatment
The process itself is extremely tolerable and takes between 30-45 minutes, depending on the number of treatment sites. The client will experience scabbing and flaking of the treatment sites within several days of the procedure.
Because several rounds of treatment are necessary in order to obtain results, TCA must be administered at least four times on the same area, with sessions spaced approximately two weeks apart.
Pricing is tiered by number of treatment spots:
- 10 or less treatment spots: $450/session ($1800 for the full four treatments)
- More than 10 treatment spots: $900/session ($3,600 for the full four treatments)
The MedBeautyLA Extended Acne Scar Treatment Program
MedBeautyLA’s Extended Acne Scar Treatment Program entails the following treatments and schedule:
- 1 Microneedling Session
- 1st TCA CROSS (TCA C) session (four weeks post microneedling)
- 2nd TCA CROSS session (two weeks post initial TCA treatment)
- 1 ResurFX laser session (two weeks post second TCA treatment)
- 3rd TCA CROSS session (two weeks post ResurFX)
- 4th (and final) TCA CROSS session (two weeks post third TCA treatment)
- DTLA Deep Hydration Facial to replenish and rebalance the skin (one month post final TCA CROSS session)
Mandatory at-home skin care products may include (cost included in price of package): (1) antioxidant serum, (1) SkinBetter AlphaRet Overnight Cream, (1) Sente Dermal Repair Moisturizer
Small area: $2,995 – at-home products are complimentary and included in package
Moderate-to-Large area: $5,245 – at-home products are complimentary and included in package